[Typo3] Multilingual problem

Damir Dezeljin programing at mbss.org
Tue Nov 29 23:10:21 CET 2005

Hi.

I have to implement a second language for a site. So I made a copy of the
original site on a testing domain. The original site was running Typo
3.6.x, so I first upgraded to Typo3 3.7.x and later to Typo3 3.8.1 .

The main site functionality is working. Now I'm trying to configure some
multilingual pages. Heh ... I'm sure there should be a great doc how to do
it, however I didn't find it and so I used this:
http://typo3.org/documentation/tips-tricks/multi-language-sites-in-typo3/

I loged in as 'admin' and defined the second language (English). I still
didn't figure out how can I define the name of the primary language; how
can I define the language abreviation and e.g. charset to be used - I
guess, Typo3 should automatically figure out the language from the client
web browser settings.
Well, this is not the main issue, however a hint would be great ;)

The problem is that after creating the translated page of the site and
unselecting 'Hidden' checkbox, I'm still unable to see the translated
page.

I alsto tried creating a new page on the root of the tree, however this
didn't help.

To be more precise, when I press a magnifying glass icon on the default
language page, the following page is displayed:
http://my.site.si/index.php?id=21&L=0

When I press the magnifying glass icon for the translated page, the
following page is displayed:
http://my.site.si/index.php?id=21&L=1

However both URL-s show the same content even if I can see localized text
for each language in the admin page.

BTW: I'm running Fedora Core 4 with more or less the original config - I
just redefined the below flags in my virtual domain:
---
   php_admin_value memory_limit 32M
   php_admin_flag register_globals on
   php_admin_flag register_long_arrays on