[Typo3] rtehtmlarea and bulletlist formatting

Patrick Rodacker rod at biba.uni-bremen.de
Tue Nov 29 20:49:00 CET 2005

Hi list,

I've spent half a day searching for some solution to the problem of
formatting the bullet list within the RTE (rtehtmlarea). Well, I've
found a lot of threads within this list as well as in other forums, but
none of the proposed solutions seem to work in my case.

I am using the static template 'content(default)' on a typo3 3.8.0
system with the rtehtmlarea and want to wrap the unordered lists created
with the RTE in a normal text element. The bullet images should be
different depending on the page id.

I thought the following script would do part of the trick ...

tt_content.20.text.parseFunc.tags.typolist.default.wrap = <ul
class="my-class"> | </ul>
tt_content.text.20.parseFunc.tags.typolist.default.split.1.wrap = <li
class="my-class">|</li>
tt_content.text.20.parseFunc.tags.typolist.1.fontTag = <ol
class="my-class"> | </ol>
tt_content.text.20.parseFunc.tags.typolist.1.split.1.wrap =

... but these entries don't have any effect. The list output in the
frontend is still a simple unordered list:

<ul>
	<li>Some text</li>
	<li>Some text</li>
	<li>Some text</li>
</ul>

Does anybody know how to set up the configuration to wrap the lists in a
userdefined way?

And maybe somebody can explain to me, why the code above does not work
or is bypassed by the rte (rtehtmlarea)? Am I missing something?

With best regards
Patrick