[Typo3] sr_language_menu: problems with displaying a selector for the default language

André Rosendaal arosendaal at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 29 14:12:21 CET 2005

Hi,

I use the sr_language_menu (v. 6.10) for displaying a language selection
menu. The default language of the site is English, the other languages are
French, Dutch and Spanish. I am having a few problems with the default
language, English.

1. If I select the option 'flags' to display the option, flags for all four
languages are displayed. However, I needed sr_language_menu because I wanted
a selector based on hyperlinks. For both the other layout options, 'dropdown
list' and 'links', the option to select the default language has no label.
Tthe option itself is present, but it is either an empty option in the
dropdownbox or a hyperlink without an anchor:

see:
cannot retrieve the name of the default language, However, there is a
language record for English (and the plugin is able to find the correct
flag).
BTW it is not possible to add this language to the ' Languages to select
from: ' list in the flexform: it is removed from this list when the page is
saved. I entered the language in the value for languagesUidsList.

2. This can be improved by setting useSysLanguageTitle to 1. Then four
language labels are visible (
English| Français|Nederlands| Español. However, if Français or Nederlands
are selected, the label of 'English' is translated to Anglais or Engels,
thus, in the currently selected language (it stays 'English' when Español is
selected). I want that to remain 'English', obviously.

So: how do I configure the plugin so it does not translate the label
'English'? (useSelfLanguageTitle, as the manual states, is not useful here).

Thanks,
André Rosendaal