[Typo3] Which files require exec() to be enable on?

Jeremy Sellors jksellors at skyplex.net
Tue Nov 29 06:27:38 CET 2005

After install the basic configuration Tool indicates the following
problem
Functions disabled!
disable_functions=system,exec,shell_exec,passthru
The above list of functions are disabled. If TYPO3 use any of these
there might be trouble.
TYPO3 is designed to use the default set of PHP4.0.6+ functions plus
the functions from GDLib.
Possibly these functions are disabled due to security risks and most
likely the list would include a function like exec() which is use by
TYPO3 to access ImageMagick.

I can enable exec() but it would be easier if I knew which PHP
scripts required exec().
Which PHP files require exec() or which folders would it be
recomended that I enable exec() on to get ImageMagick working?