[Typo3] marks to display user IP Address

JoH info at cybercraft.de
Mon Nov 28 01:03:29 CET 2005

> You and JoH just saved me from a headache! Everything that you 2
> specified worked, and I just had to tweak it a little for
> mailformplus. Here's how I did it:
>
> # get IP Address
> plugin.tx_thmailformplus_pi1.markers.IPADDRESS = TEXT
> plugin.tx_thmailformplus_pi1.markers.IPADDRESS.dataWrap = Your
> IP-Address is: {getenv : REMOTE_ADDR}
>
> This also works:
> # get IP Address
> plugin.tx_thmailformplus_pi1.markers.IPADDRESS = TEXT
> plugin.tx_thmailformplus_pi1.markers.IPADDRESS.data = getenv :
> REMOTE_ADDR
>
> I am confused about using 'marks' vs. 'markers', but I'll do a little
> research to figure that out.

Very easy to explain: "marks" is used with the TypoScript Element TEMPLATE
and therefor is part of the "core" TypoScript.
Installing the mailform plus extension you get some additional TypoScript
that could be identical with the well known core stuff but it doesn't have
to be like that.
The extension developer decides how to name specific TypoScript values used
with his extension.
IMHO it would have been better to implement the original TEMPLATE Element
into the TypoScript of the extension but in this case the author decided to
do it another way.
And this is why you get "markers" instead of "marks" ...

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian
openBC: http://www.openbc.com/go/invuid/Jo_Hasenau