[Typo3] marks to display user IP Address

Floyd Arguello floyd at icommnetwork.com
Mon Nov 28 00:14:27 CET 2005

Bernhard Kraft wrote:

>>marks.IPADDRESS.insertData = 1
>

> Ok. Sorry.
>
> .insertData = 1
>
> is only needed if you do something like:
>
> marks.IPADDRESS = TEXT
> marks.IPADDRESS.value = {getenv : REMOTE_ADDR}
> marks.IPADDRESS.insertData = 1
>
> if you have
> marks.IPADDRESS.dataWrap = {getenv : REMOTE_ADDR}
>
> instead of ".value" you won't need the insertData and if you use:
>

> marks.IPADDRESS = TEXT
> marks.IPADDRESS.data = getenv : REMOTE_ADDR
>
> you will also not need it.
>

> greets,
> Bernhard

You and JoH just saved me from a headache! Everything that you 2
specified worked, and I just had to tweak it a little for mailformplus.
Here's how I did it:

# get IP Address
plugin.tx_thmailformplus_pi1.markers.IPADDRESS = TEXT
plugin.tx_thmailformplus_pi1.markers.IPADDRESS.dataWrap = Your
IP-Address is: {getenv : REMOTE_ADDR}

This also works:
# get IP Address
plugin.tx_thmailformplus_pi1.markers.IPADDRESS = TEXT
plugin.tx_thmailformplus_pi1.markers.IPADDRESS.data = getenv : REMOTE_ADDR

I am confused about using 'marks' vs. 'markers', but I'll do a little
research to figure that out.

Thank you much,
Floyd