[Typo3] 2 simple(?) FE user questions

Eric Blom ericb at piap.com
Sun Nov 27 08:01:54 CET 2005

Hello List,
I have two questions that I hope are simple FE user questions.  I've
searched the web and mailing list, but, haven't been able to find
answers.

1) How can I provide users with a "Remember Me", "Auto Login", "Save
Login", etc, checkbox when they login just like the Typo3 bug
tracking system and many other sites provide?
http://bugs.typo3.org

I'm using the New Front End Login Box (newloginbox), but, could
switch to another extensions if that is the solution.

2) How can I control the front end session length for Typo3? I've
seen the FE auto logout extension, but, this extension only works if
the user actually has one of my pages loaded. I would like their FE
session to expire based on time regardless of if they are still at my
site. For example, I would like to set a time limit of 10 minutes. If
the user has not navigated to or reloaded one of my pages their FE
session should be ended and they should have to either log in again
or the cookie from (1) above should log them back in and start a new
session.

Thank you
Eric