[Typo3] indexed_search: weird malfunction (help!!) - SOLVED - extension conflict

P H Vetch paul at qedstudio.com
Sat Nov 26 12:37:09 CET 2005

All,

Thanks very much for your help.  I was pretty sure that I was not having an
issue with templates etc.  It was a problem caused by an extension: ts_tidy
(which uses the HTML Tidy plugin.)  Basically the options I was using caused
the search not to work at all:

config.tx_tstidy_path = tidy -i --quiet true  --tidy-mark false -wrap 0
--hide-comments true  --numeric-entities true --merge-divs false
--logical-emphasis true

Even if I strip the options back, the Search plugin displays but still does
not function properly.

Obviously this could be a problem either with the extension or just with
tidy per se - I don't know (all the extension does is allow config in TS
instead of the install tool)

What a bind!  Anyway at least I've found the problem and my Search is
working (and during the troubleshooting I upgraded to 3.8.1)

Thanks again all for the feedback.

Best wishes

Paul