[Typo3] Better RTE

Christopher bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Sat Nov 26 06:45:40 CET 2005

Hi,

On 25/11/05, Elias Humbolt <elias at asb-online.at> wrote:
> Is there any RTE available for typo3 that works any better than the one that
> comes with it?
>
> I have several issues with this one.
> One for example is that the paragraph alignment is done with <p
> align="whatever"> instead of <p style="text-align:whatever">.
>
> This results in non functionality of the alignment buttons as soon as you have
> text-align defined for P.bodytext. I am pretty sure the style attribute
> definitions would override the stylesheet definitions.
>
> The table functionality of the RTE is far from user-friendly and does not care
> about odd and even lines.
>
> And the stupid thing only works in IE6 which alone is reason enough to kill
> it.
>
> Does anybody know a better one?
> What is going to be available in TT 4.0.0?
> Is the TT 4.0.0 one going to work with Firefox and Konqueror?

Don't get over to the extension repository [1] much, do you? There's
been an API for RTEs available since Typo3 3.6 and very good extension
using the HTMLAREA RTE [2]  for at least a year (I notice it's been
updated to v1.0 this week--well done, Stanislas!)...

-Christopher

[1] http://typo3.org/extensions/
[2] http://typo3.org/extensions/repository/search/rtehtmlarea/