[Typo3] Make Typo3 faster?

Scotty C superscotty19 at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 26 04:15:56 CET 2005

Hi Celita,

Here's what I've noticed works well:

1.) Faster CPU, lots of RAM - Typo3 is PHP based, and
PHP loves its RAM
2.) (Assuming you're using Linux) Use Lighttpd instead
of Apache. I was personally very hesitant to use this
server over Apache, but WOW does it ever make a
difference!
3.) Set CompressionLevel=9 in the install tool

I can't install eaccelerator for some reason on my
gentoo system, so I can't comment on it. I also cannot
get simulateStaticPages to work either.

I hope this may be of use,
-Scott.