[Typo3] Site User Contact groups/Project groups in Typo3 ???

Wil Haslup charmfx at gmail.com
Fri Nov 25 16:03:34 CET 2005

Hello all,

Newbie to Typo3 here....played around with an installation and scanned
over the docs so far.

I've used PHP/MySQL and Perl to do things by hand and used a proprietary
CMS about 5 years ago.  In addition I've done a little with Post Nuke.

I want to build a site that relies on users forming groups (from within
the site member base) with other users (circles of contacts like
Friendster.com) and initiating projects where they can form production
(subset) groups within those projects from their contact circles.

...there are other features like making web based tools available to the
members within specific projects but the above is the biggest problem.
I need a system that can do this reliably.

 From my minor exposure to Typo3 it looks like this might be part of its
makeup (though I haven't found this capacity easily in other CMS).

I'm in the preliminary stages but wanted to ask if I'm totally off
track.  Is Typo3 up to this?

Thanks.

-- Wil

"I have no help to send, therefore I must go myself."
-- J.R.R. Tolkien