[Typo3] Typo3 and Linux (and "philosophical" problems with typo3 adoption)

Olivier Dobberkau olivier.dobberkau at dkd.de
Fri Nov 25 13:43:35 CET 2005

seml at symbulos.com wrote:
> Dear friend,

> We are indeed strongly conviced on the use of OS, which we
> tend to use whenever possible both on server and desktop
> side, marketing it also to our customers. So to see that
> the recommended client is Internet Explorer 5+ on Windows
> (seehttp://typo3.org/download/system-requirements/ ) or
> that some of the features do not work if you do not have MS
> Internet Explorer (RTE?), that the Getting started is
> geared to Windows user, gives us a pretty creepy feeling.
> unless the documentation is out of date.

hey !

i would say that the information is out of date!

TYPO3 works on Windows, but it lives on LINUX!

You can replace the MS RTE with GPLed HTML Area.
Please read also the Roadmap announcement.

Here: http://association.typo3.org/index.php?id=83

If you are really evaluating the fitness of TYPO3 for your Project get
in touch with a specialized consultancy. They have often more insights
into the current development and its usage in real projects.

TYPO3 is trying to fit all needs and that means in a Windows centric
World also to focus in some documents on that aspect.

Please do not start a Windows vs Linux Flamewar now.

Sincer Greetings,

Olivier Dobberkau

(Implemented more than 80 TYPO3 in the last 5 Years on different Platforms)