[Typo3] Long time no see & TYPO381

Jochen Rieger j.rieger at connecta.ag
Thu Nov 24 21:35:59 CET 2005

Hi Nige,

> tried to upgrade to newer versions but have had various problems with gd
> with gif library, and typo3 not working properly...so I stuck with what
> I know works OK!

yeah you are absolutely right on this point. But I can just advise you
to try out the XAMPP package. It is really amazing!!! No hazzle at all.
Unpack - Finished! (for me the WIN Installer didn't work ... I just took
the normal Zip, unpacked it and started the XAMPP ... EVERYTHING done.
It is set up to PHP5 originally but there is a switch.bat file with
which you can switch your PHP version to version 4 very easily... give
it a try! :)

Jochen