[Typo3] Moving Typo3 Directory

Matthew Manderson matthew at manderson.co.uk
Thu Nov 24 18:58:13 CET 2005

>> Both replies assumed you were using the typical and very common
>> Linux/Apache server installation and assumes you have basic knowledge.
> I do have SSH access, I do have full server access (I own a VPS) and I
> believe the server is Linux.  :)

Okay,
You can simply copy the files in /cms up one level to the www root folder.

Before you do, look in both the folders to see if there will be any clashes.
Use the shell command 'ls -la' to view all the files hidden as well in a
list.

You will need to change the main symlink as well so your package knows where
to find the typo3_src.

SSH and cd to your installation folder eg /cms

Run these one at a time via SSH:

mv * ..
cd ..
ls -la
rm typo3_src
ln -s ./typo3_src-3.7.0 typo3_src

To describe these steps:
move everything up one level
go up one level
list everything
remove the old symlink called typo3_src
create a new symlink pointing to the same directory

Good luck.
Matthew