[Typo3] FE User registration without e-mail verification

Steve Webster steviewebsiteatmsndotcom at nospam.net
Thu Nov 24 00:10:34 CET 2005

Hi List,

I'm currently have FE User Registration installed and my users validate
their e-mail address before their account is activated.

However, I find my users often mistype their e-mail address or will use
an old hotmail account that has since been closed which results in a
missed user for my site.

I'm not too fussed on validating users e-mail addresses, it's not a high
usage site so I can just kick them off if need be.  But at the same time
I want to make sure the bots don't catch me.

Is there anything similar to other sites where you have to re-type the
characters from a blurry GIF image that is presented to the user for
example?

TIA

Webbo