[Typo3] <p></p> on every table cell

Christopher bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 21:19:27 CET 2005

On 23/11/05, Stig Kjeldsen <sk at itu.dk> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I did have the same problem. I solved it with CSS. In my stylesheet I add:
>
> td p.bodytext {
>    margin:0 0 0 0;
> }
>
> p.bodytext {
>    margin:10 0 10 0;
> }
>

> Don't know if it will help anyone.

Not unless we correct your css syntax :-)

p.bodytext {
  margin:10px 0 10px 0;
}

You _must_ specify units for nonzero values--some browsers will ignore
the dimensions otherwise. Also, both declarations can be abbreviated
if you like:

td p {
  /*
    Given that the desired _default_ behaviour of paragraphs in tables
is _not_ to have margins, there's no need to restrict this declaration
to 'p.bodytext'.
  */
  margin:0;
}

p.bodytext {
  /*
    When top and bottom or left and right declarations are identical,
they can be shortened this way: first number is top and bottom, second
number is left and right.
  */
  margin:10px 0;
}