[Typo3] How to debug the TypoScripts?

Jean-Baptiste Rio triphot69 at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 23 13:35:14 CET 2005

Dennis Cheung wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a problem on writing some template and typoscript.
>
> I found CONTENT will show nothing if the select/query has any problem. But I
> didn't found any errorlog/warning from anywhere.
> And finally I have to enable query log in mysql to check what it had did.
>
> Are there any debug mode or flag can temporary enable error message on web
> pages without affect others pages on same typo3?
>
> Thanks
> Dennis

TSRef documentation is your friend ;)

http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/doc_core_tsref/stdWrap/

At the end of the table you will see three stdWrap options which let you
enter in debug mode :

*debug*
  boolean
  Prints content with HTMLSpecialChars() and <PRE></PRE>: Usefull for
debugging which value stdWrap actually ends up with, if you're
constructing a website with TypoScript.
Should be used under construction only.

*debugFunc*
  boolean
  Prints the content directly to browser with the debug() function.
Should be used under construction only.
Set to value "2" the content will be printed in a table - looks nicer.

*debugData*
  boolean
  Prints the current data-array, $cObj->data, directly to browser. This
is where ".field" gets data from.
Should be used under construction only.

IMHO in order to not affect other pages, simply build a +ext template
for the specific page you want to debug so that you can manipulate you
typoscript code as you want. Once it's tuned, delete the +ext template.

Regards,

JB