[Typo3] imagefunctions w/o exec()?

Sascha Weise typo3 at habmalnefrage.de
Tue Nov 22 16:12:05 CET 2005

Hi, there.

Here's a desperate helpcall:

Question:
Is there a way to use image- or graphicsmagick in typo3 without exec()??

Situation:
Unfortunately my hosting-provider has disabled exec() for security
reasons without preceding announcement. Now wherever a new image (Menu
or content) should appear, there comes the php-warning and no image.

As answer to my support-request, my hoster just sais that the
"manufacturer of typo3" has told him, that Typo3 is supposed to provide
the imagefunctions without exec(). The new version should even
automatically detect the availability of exec and configure itself to
provide imagefunctions without exec().

I couldn't find any Information about that in this list or in internet.
I always thought, that the exec-Calls are hardcoded and absolutely
necessary for the use of imagemagick or graphicsmagick.

I'm using the static compiled graphicsmagick-1.1.6 and several
Typo-Installs from 3.6.2 to 3.8.1.

Can anybody clarify the facts for me? Or does anybody have an idea, what
I can do to make the imagefunctionality work again?

Many thanks in advance for any hint,

Sascha.