[Typo3] Webhosting

Michael Scharkow mscharkow at gmx.net
Tue Nov 22 15:58:03 CET 2005

Livius Agrippa wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Another question in same day :).
> Which webhosting is better for Typo3?
> I searched in internet and I found this 2:
> 1&1 Internet AG and
> Schlund & Partner
>
> I specify that I want to make a site for a german company.
>
> Please also specify your reasons (advantages and disadvantages of every
> webhosting esspecially in connection with Typo3).

AFAIR 1&1 and Schlund belong to the same company, although 1&1 is seems
more targeted at end-users.

If you really need hosting in Germany, most people in the lists
recommend Mittwaldmedien who have been kind of the official TYPO3
hosting provider ever since. http://www.mittwald.de/ Speed and service
seem to be really good, but it's not too cheap.

The mass hosters strato.de and 1&1 both have good uplinks but you might
have performance problems in cheaper hosting plans. Also there are
always more problems with individual and competent support in such large
companies.

Greetings,
Michael

PS: This is only gathered from posting here, my last commercial hosting
(with 1&1) was some years ago.