[Typo3] Language menu: text instead of graphics

André Rosendaal arosendaal at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 22 14:37:46 CET 2005

Hello Carla ,

Thanks. Your code is very useful as a starter, but unfortunately needs some
modification. It displays all links to select a language with the same
anchor, namely the value of temp.languageselect.value, instead of a unique
value for each of the languages.

Thus I see:
english
english
english
english

and not:
english
french
dutch
german

This is not visible on your website, because you hide the active link

I am fairly new to TS, tried to find a solution but could not think of one.
If you look at the graphical version of a language menu, you can simply
enter a king of 'image array':

file = media/flags/flag_uk.gif || media/flags/flag_fr.gif ||
media/flags/flag_es.gif

You would want something like that for the text menu as well. Or some other
way to define an anchor text depending on which item of the language menu is
created. Does anyone have a solution for this?

Thanks,
André Rosendaal

news:mailman.135.1132590960.30370.typo3-english at lists.netfielders.de...