[Typo3] macmade flash page header freezes the browser window

Mario Sargac marrio at email.si
Tue Nov 22 09:49:42 CET 2005

Hello Jean-David,

Thank you for your reply. It took me a while to investigate a problem. I
started with your original flash file, then modified it accordingly
until the error.

The problem was I had to delete the title definition in the AS code,
because of the error displaying special characters (brief description is
below).
-> var displayText = _root.pageInfos["title"]; //original
-> var displayText = _root.pageInfos[""]; // in my flash
That caused the error in a flash file on client side, and hence the
freezing of the browser window for a while. Maybe there was a process in
the background, because the delay was longer - the longer the inactivity.

There is a problem though, you might be able to answer, and I wrote
about it a day before (on 20. Nov.) - you can find it here on the list:
-archive/thread/110186174/?tx_maillisttofaq_pi1%5Bmode%5D=1

The problem is I can't make the accented (special) characters to appear
in the flash page header extension. Is this a problem with a database?
Because I can see that you can handle the special characters on your
site, the one you've sent me... I am using force utf-8 and when I'm
calling the page title into flash with your AS code I get two strange
characters instead of one correct (exactly as it is written in a
database, but typo converts it correctly so I don't have problems
anywhere else.) Do you have a solution for this?

Best regards,
Mario