[Typo3] Contractor wanted for music database site

Floyd Arguello floyd at icommnetwork.com
Tue Nov 22 01:37:19 CET 2005

Hi all,

Here's a project that I thought would do well with Typo3. They are
accepting bids until Nov. 24th, and the contact info is:

******
Wendy:
support at bluereef.net & bluereef1 at yahoo.com (email both with bids)

Must use this for email subject: database programmer and web designer
needed pronto
******

I personally have no other information regarding this project.

Project Name: Music Database

Project Description:
This is a multi-phase web site project involving a searchable database.

The client would like the web site interface to be designed in Flash,
but if it is unreasonable to expect that to be developed by the end of
February for the launch of Phase 1, then the client is willing to accept
a more basic HTML interface for Phase 1, and then go for the Flash
interface for Phase 2.

Below is the initial outline for Phase 1:

* Tiered Membership process
-- Free membership
---- double opt-in sign-up using valid email address
---- allows full search of all site content, but only partial view of
all results (partial view of each record)
---- free access to read entire contents of a few articles
---- ability to submit feedback/rating (see Phase 2)
-- Lite membership
---- subscriptions integrated through PayPal
---- free access to all articles
---- allows members to submit entries to for inclusion in site database(s)
-- Premium membership
---- subscriptions integrated through PayPal
---- free access to all articles
---- allows full search of database(s), plus access to full results
-- Premium Plus membership
---- subscriptions integrated through PayPal
---- free access to all articles
---- allows full search of database(s), plus access to full results
---- allows members to submit entries to for inclusion in site database(s)

*Song database
- 8000 records, approx. 12 fields (some fields have multiple options
simultaneously available—like multiple checkboxes)
---- just lists information about the songs, not actual music downloads
---- possible growth to 12,000 records within 3 years
---- one field includes a link to a 3rd party web site
---- ---- must have ability to track click-through to 3rd party web site
---- must have ability for site owner to periodically clean out and
delete/add/modify database records
---- site owner must have review/approval/rejection ability for all
submissions to the site database by lite members

*Articles database
---- maybe about 2 dozen articles currently
---- growth up to 100 articles within 3 years

* Subscription/sign-up form

*Contact form

*Database submission form
---- allows Lite and Premium Plus members to submit an entry to be
included in database
---- all entries must be reviewed and approved/rejected/deleted by site
owner before they are included in the site database

*About Us page
-----------------------

Other specs:
The database is currently in FileMaker Pro. You can develop it using
whichever database technology you think is appropriate.

Graphic design must be edgy, modern, and leaning towards sensibilities
of GenX/Y. No "straight-laced" professional look here.

Also looking for hosting plan recommendations within the viaVerio
product line, but if you think a non-viaVerio host would be more
appropriate, then we need specs/quote for having you manage the hosting
as well.

When do you want the bidding period to end?
11/24/05

When do you want the project to be completed?
02/28/06

Maximum price:
TBD

Consulting needs: