[Typo3] Did typo3 3.8 compatible to mysql 4.1??

Dennis Cheung hkdennis2k at gmail.com
Mon Nov 21 03:03:43 CET 2005

Hi Peter,

1) yes, they all are UTF8,
Server Character Set and
Collation<http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/charset-server.html>is
utf8
Database Character Set and
Collation<http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/charset-database.html>is
utf8
Table Character Set and
Collation<http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/charset-table.html>is
utf8
Column Character Set and
Collation<http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/charset-column.html>is
utf8

But, when I debug the connection with Connection Character Sets and
Collations <http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/charset-connection.html>,

SELECT @CHARACTER_SET_CLIENT; is latin1

Whatever "default-character-set" is exists or not in my.cnf.
Typo3 should do
SET character_set_client = xxx;
SET character_set_results = xxx;
itself just after it get a new connection.

2) no, mbstring is not enabled.
and I am not going to recomile php.

My point of view is, it should not change many system/environment for a
single application.
It should do init for it's own working environment when it can.

Thanks,
Dennis