[Typo3] Is it worth the effort to upgrade the vts?

JoH info at cybercraft.de
Sat Nov 19 03:38:28 CET 2005

> Due to the fact that Google now provides their powerful Analytics
> system, does it make sense to further work on the VTS?
>
> Having only begin the upgrade of the VTS (analyzing the old code;
> planning new features; incorporating many learned "TYPO3 Best
> practices"; etc.), I really need your feedback.
>
> What, if any, would be a good reason to use both, Analytics and the
> VTS, or even VTS over Analytics?

It's like with the German Payback system.
If you don't want someone else to collect your data and create profiles of
you, you should do it on your own.
Of course google tells you they are doing this _for_ you but in fact you are
doing it for _them_ offering precious information for free.
So I guess there might be many people already using your VTS that won't even
think about having google do the job.
Of course it might be interesting to have a combination of both but this
should be an option the user can turn off with just one TypoScript-switch.

We are using VTS for some of our clients and it worked flawless but you are
right thinking about new features and improvements.
Maybe you can tell us what you have been thinking about as new features or
you could open kind of a wishlist.

Good night

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian