[Typo3] UTF-8 - Forms convert special chars again and again

Rana Ulusoy r.ulusoy at gamnet.de
Fri Nov 18 17:21:31 CET 2005

Hello List,

We have a problem. Maybe you have an idea?

We have lately set one of our websites to UTF-8 with Typo3 version 3.7 and Mysql 4.0.15(DB is not UTF8, Typo converts all itself.) Force charset is UTF-8 as well.

It seems ok with the special characters on the backend and frontend BUT when we fill a FORM and save it, the special characters are converted a second time -> come out wrong.

Did anyone have a similar problem? We have been searching since 2 days and have to find a way before we loose our eyes. May it be a bug of Version 3.7? Any idea counts!

Thanks,
Rana