[Typo3] RealURL For Dummies?

Thu Nov 17 22:44:04 CET 2005

>>>So, no offense, but after being in this community for some time, I am as
>>>well a little less enthusiastic about such "new ideas", such as
>>>extension review, tutorial rewrites, reorganisation of docs, as most of
>>>it *never* happened. Ask Peter Kindström about that topic...
>>
>>Short comment:
>>It is very nice reading about all these great ideas, but what we
>>need is someone organising them and make some of them happen!

> wider comunity likes it, then any of it may be used. I tried to get involved
> with typo3.org <http://typo3.org> doc team a few months ago and got nowhere.

I can confirm similar experiences for me and for others. For people who
wanted to get involved, who wanted to support in this or that way it was
difficult to join the teams, to bring in their help. Insiders didn't
take them seriously, rather kept them out.. (It's said that they didn't
joined snowboarding.)

Maybe that is not on purpose. Maybe the structures are simply not
perfect. But the bad result can be, that people search for sidepathes,
that they start satellite projects.

Elmar

--
Climate change 2005: Mexico, Guatemala, New Orleans, Sahel, Bangladesh,
Spain, Portugal, Austria, Swiss, France, ...