[Typo3] Server overload problem

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Thu Nov 17 17:26:37 CET 2005

Piotr Burda schrieb am 17.11.2005 16:48:

> (...) I think that it `s a cache problem with our main page.
> (...)
> Here is the list of extensions used on main page:
> tt_news (3 times - to show news from 3 different cat)
> top_content (3 times to show content from 3 diff branches)
> meta
> It seems to me that main page is not cached, but i don`t know why?

I assume you mean the extention "gst_top_content". The first link in the
tx_gsttopcontent_pi1->main of the routine is:

   $GLOBALS['TSFE']->set_no_cache();

so this tells TYPO3: don't cache the entire page!

You could:

1) get in touch with the extentions author to see if this is necessary
or if there any workarounds
2) try to resolve the problem in the extention yourself
3) don't use that extention, at least at the start page

Cheers,
Ernesto