[Typo3] ImageMagick - Quick Question

A-san amir219 at sbcglobal.net
Fri Nov 18 05:02:07 CET 2005

Matthew Manderson wrote:
> A-san wrote:
>
>>Now how do I allow the image to expand so that it fits exactly into the
>>box and still retain the quality as it has now?
>
> Please start new threads with new questions.
>
> Please reassure other busy TYPO3'rs that you have done the basic groundwork
> yourself before asking for this non specific help.

This was my ORIGINAL question...

>>Now how do I allow the image to expand
>
> Does the image start out big enough already? ie you are not trying to scale
> it larger.

Nope, its very big already, something like 1024x768 dimensions.  I am
trying to scale it down to fit exactly into that box.

> Have you checked the maximum image width is not defined too small.
>

>>fits exactly into the box
>
> Have you checked your CSS for padding and margins and borders and hidden
> images.

There are no CSS problems that I know of, because before I did it fine
using the HTML pagecontent.  Now I am using the Images Only pagecontent
and I am having problems.

>>and still retain the quality as it has now?
>
> Have you checked your IM compression levels.
>
> Please do these things first, and then ask more specific questions.
> Matthew
>
> PS: you may want to read the mailing list rules you seem to be breaking a
> few of them. Sorry to be a bore but it does make life easier for everyone.

So you are saying IM compression levels have something to do with the
fact that its scaling too small?  If so, how do I alter this?