[Typo3] How to combine two menu types into one

Cyprian Kowalczyk cyprian at pi2.pl
Thu Nov 17 16:31:31 CET 2005

Hello All,

I have a following problem:
I am using a custom layer menu and in order to get this I have the
following TSPageConfig:

temp.menu = HMENU
temp.menu {
   1 = TMENU
   1 {
     expAll=1
     NO {
     }
   }
   2 = TMENU
   2 {
     expAll=1
     NO {
     }
   }
   3 < .2
}

So I get something like:

  Level 1
   - Level 2-1
    -- Level 3-1
    -- Level 3-2
   - Level 2-2
  Level 2
  Level 3
   - Level 2-3
   - Level 2-4
    -- Level 3-3
    -- Level 3-4

Nothing extraordinary, every level is expanded, wrapped in a div-layer and
a submenu shows only when you roll over it's parent menu item.

Now, what I would like to achieve is that a Level 2 submenu stays visible
for currently selected Level 1 menu item (so it'd have different CSS
style) _AND_ that the parent Level 1 menu item still has the roll-over
layer menu...

I hope I'm being clear here. I would like to have somthing like two-in-one
menu.

  Level 1 <--- currently selected menu or one of it's submenus
   - Level 2-1
    -- Level 3-1
    -- Level 3-2
   - Level 2-2