[Typo3] Google Analytics Script after meta tag

Jan-Hendrik Heuing [DD] jh at digitaldistrict.de
Thu Nov 17 16:26:17 CET 2005

Hi Dimitri,

> Q. Filtering BE and FE/editing mode views
> A. ... (in my humble opinion) should be done by implementing filters
> in your analytics profile. If we implement this in the extension, we
> are still left with your own traffic when you are not logged in. The
> solution to this problem is to tune the filters in your Analytics
> account, either by IP or just drop any visits that have /typo3/ as a
> step in them. If I am not mistaken about what was available in Urchin,
> this is available in GA.

generaly you are right. But you are leaving out pageviews by backend users.
I know about a couple of editors using frontend editing, so they would be
taken as real reaquests.

Of course you don't need to adapt your extension to anything like that ;)
But I am  thinking the same way Ingo does: It does make more sense extending
a good extension to a better extension instead of starting a new extension
which is 90% a copy of extensions already available ;)

JH