[Typo3] Can't Login to BE after install

Dmitry Dulepov typo3 at fm-world.ru
Wed Nov 16 16:14:53 CET 2005

Hi!

S*tan wrote:
> I have the same problem with one difference: I'm running Apache instead
> of IIS.
> I guess it has something to do with mysql, because typo3 says
> "succesfully connected to mysql server" (in the setup process), but if I
> create a new admin-account (no errors in typo3) and check with
> phpmyadmin there is no new account. there's just the non-working
> admin-account. also, importing the typo3conf/database.sql manually fails
> because of too long descriptions in the "static_[..]"-tables (at least
> this is what the mysql-server says).
> I appreciate any suggestions because I'm totally helpless...

Try this:
1. Ensure you have empty database. This is critical for success!
2. Go to t3lib/stddb/ and import tables.sql using `mysql` command line
utility manually.
3. Go to install tool (/typo3/install/) and select COMPARE for the
database and update database. This will properly update existing tables
and add a number of new ones. Import static data.
4. Create admin user using install tool.
5. Login to BE.

Dmitry.