[Typo3] Google Analytics Script after meta tag

Eric Blom ericb at piap.com
Tue Nov 15 21:03:01 CET 2005

I'm trying to setup Google Analytics with Typo3. Google says that
their script must be installed in the <head> </head> section of your
page but after any <meta> tags.

I tried adding page.headTag to the setup of my template as shown
below, but, this puts the script before the meta tags.

page.headTag = <head><script src="http://www.google-analytics.com/
urchin.js" type="text/javascript"></script><script type="text/
javascript"> _uacct = "UA-xxxxx-x"; urchinTracker();</script>

Can anyone tell me how to add a script after the meta tags in the
head section?

Thank you,
Eric