[Typo3] Backup problems

Dmitry Dulepov typo3 at fm-world.ru
Mon Nov 14 16:39:34 CET 2005

Hi!

Nate Russell wrote:
>> Create a shell script that executes `mysql` to backup your database
>> daily. Run it through the cron job. Create a shell script that executes
>> `tar cjf` to create a backup of your whole typo3 directory weekly.
>> Scripts can run at 3:00 in the morning, usually this is the least
>> visited time. I can send examples of scripts and cron configuration if
>> you want.
>>
> Thank you very much for the tips Dmitry. I would really apreciate it if
> you could send those scripts along. You can either post them here or
> send to my email account. webmaster at int-res.com
>
> I have looked using the cronjobs as well but I liked the simplicity of
> the  w4x_backup solution. If it is as easy as you describr, I can
> certainly live with that.

Files are attached. Some explanations:
- /path/to/site is the path to your home directory on the server (not
the root of your site!)
- backup_daily backs up two databases (db1 and db2) - I just have such setup
- backup_daily automatically removes old backups (more then 2 months old)
- backup_weekly skips typo3 temp files to reduce backup archive (it is
~200MB even bz2-pped in my system!)
- backup_weekly will keep only one copy of the site backup
- backup_weekly assumes that you have your site in typo3web/ folder
- cron is in the crond format for running the above scripts

You need to replace mysqluser and mysqlpassword with your user name and
password. Do not forget to change /path/to/site, typo3 folder name and
database names as well. These scripts are tested under bash shell.

Good luck! :)

Dmitry.

P.S. I forgot: these files should have 'x' permission for your ssh user,
otherwise shell will say that it cannot find them (stupid error message
in my opinion).