[Typo3] Backup problems

Nate Russell webmaster at int-res.com
Mon Nov 14 13:31:02 CET 2005

Hello List,

My company has has the Ready-To Run Server at Schlund. There are lots of
options available to us but we unfortunately don't have root access.
This means of course that I don't have access to the php.ini file. This
is a bummer because I have a rather large site and I am having trouble
backing it up. I have tried the w4x_backup extension but I can not open
the resulting .gz file when the script is done. I think this is because
the php script execution time is too low and our database is too big
(around 400mb). This is causing, I think, underlying processes to time
out. Like I said, we don't have root access and therefore can not change
this value in the php.ini file.

Other than getting a different host or hosting package and moving all of
our data to a new server, Are there any options I can try to solve my
problem?

I have already tried deleting the caches before running the backup
extension but I got the same results. I would still like use the
w4x_backup extension because it offers such an easy solution.

Any tips?

Thanks,
Nate Russell