[Typo3] ImageMagick - Quick Question

A-san amir219 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Nov 15 00:19:15 CET 2005

Matthew Manderson wrote:
>>Where can I find direction on how to install and use ImageMagick on
>>Typo3, after you have installed Typo3... mainly version 3.8.0.
>

> Typically you download the static binaries and unzip to a folder in your
> webspace and point TYPO3 to it.
>
> I suggest you start with GraphicksMagick (gm) rather than ImageMagick (IM).
>
> 1) Download gm from http://typo3.sunsite.dk/software/linux/
>
> http://typo3.sunsite.dk/software/linux/graphicsmagick-1.1.6_i386-static-2.tar.gz
> http://typo3.sunsite.dk/software/linux/imagemagick-4.2.9_i386-static-3.tar.gz
>
> 2) Unpack to web space eg /htdocs/graphicsmagick-1.1.6/bin/gm
> 3) BE Install tool select ../../../graphicsmagick-1.1.6/bin/ as your path or
> similar.
> 4) Choose this GM from the list and save to localconf.
> 5) Run the Image tests.
>
> 6) A better way is to instead copy the 'gm' to your local /usr/bin/ folder -
> ask your server admin.
> 7) Go to step 3 above.
>
> 8) Follow the same proceedure for IM
> 9) If you have safe_mode On etc you may have a lot more difficulty so use.
>
> That is it.
>
> Matthew

Thanks for your reply Matthew!

But why is GM better then ImageMagick? If GM is just an easier
installation, thats not to worry, because my hosts already installed
ImageMagick onto the server.  All I need to do is know how to connect
Typo3 with it.

But if there are other differences I should consider, please let me
know. :)