[Typo3] Back end menu link problem

Christopher bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 05:28:32 CET 2005

Hi,

On 13/11/05, caribsea <caribsea at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all:
>
> I have this serious problem and have no idea how to overcome it.
>
> The admin  site is here: http://icaribsea.com/qst/typo3/alt_main.php.
> The user name: admin, the password: password.
>
> When the mouse passes over any link in the left column, I see this: ./
> alt_menu.php#. When the mouse passes over any link in the page, I see
> this: ./alt_intro.php#. None of the links are clickable.
>
> The cache can be flushed. The menu modules can be expanded and
> contracted. That's the extent of what can be done.
>
> I've installed. Wiped. Reinstalled. Wiped. Reinstalled. Fiddled with
> the configuration a lot. Fiddled with the configuration very little.
> Hunted the lists for a similar problem. All of this to no avail. I'd
> love to use Typo3 cuz I want to move my website from Joomla and to
> build some other sites.
>
> Can anyone please tell me why all of the backend links have the same
> address, why none is clickable, and what I can do to remedy the
> malfunction.

The links all have the same address 'cause they're javascript links. I
logged into your BE and found absolutely NO problem with any of those
links. I would say you have installed the software exactly correctly.

Possible courses of action:

1. Be SURE js is enabled in your browser (though I think you mentioned
earlier you've done this).
2. Check for any 'security' software on your system that might disable js links
3. Change the passwords in the BE of that site (do this NOW! You
_really_ don't want the entire world to have write access to your
account on the webserver...)

-Christopher