[Typo3] fe_rtenews choose RTE buttons

Eric Blom ericb at piap.com
Mon Nov 14 04:32:31 CET 2005

It seems that the fe_rtenews extension does not use the same
configuration as front end editing in general. I intentionaly broken
the front end rtehtml by putting the following in the TSConfig field
for the page that has the fe_rtenews plugin.

RTE.default.skin = EXT:rtehtmlarea/htmlrea/skins/default/htmlarea.css

This sets an invalid path for the css file. When I did this I noticed
that front end editing, via the admin panel, of text content blocks
breaks, but, it has not effect on the fe_rtenews front end rendering.

So, I'm still stuck, I can't find any way to change what buttons are
available for front end news submit.

An update to my previous email. I discovered my problem with setting
the back end users rtehtmlarea buttons was a syntax problem. The
following worked when added to the admin users TSConfig field:

options.RTEkeyList =  bold, italic, underline, ContextMenu,
TYPO3Browsers, RemoveFormat, QuickTag, InlineCSS, DynamicCSS,
UserElements, blockstylelabel, blockstyle, textstylelabel, textstyle,
fontstyle, fontsize, formatblock, bold, italic, underline,
strikethrough, subscript, superscript, lefttoright, righttoleft,
left, center, right, justifyfull, orderedlist, unorderedlist,
outdent, indent, textcolor, bgcolor, textindicator, emoticon,
insertcharacter, line, link, image, table, user, acronym,
findreplace, chMode, inserttag, removeformat, copy, cut, paste, undo,
redo, showhelp, about, toggleborders, tableproperties, rowproperties,
rowinsertabove, rowinsertunder, rowdelete, rowsplit,
columninsertbefore, columninsertafter, columndelete, columnsplit,
cellproperties, cellinsertbefore, cellinsertafter, celldelete,
cellsplit, cellmerge

Regards,
Eric