[Typo3] Cannot get past Install Tool for QuickStart

Kenner Stross kenner at stross.com
Sun Nov 13 20:52:05 CET 2005

Hello,

My first day with Typo3. I have downloaded the tar balls for the QuickStart
(3.8.0) and have repeatedly tried to install and use the site, following the
directions exactly (I believe).

The problem is that I can only get as far as the Database Analyzer tab,
where I ask it to do a Compare (with the understanding that this is where my
missing tables will be fleshed out).  As soon as I click on Compare (or
Import), it takes  me be back to the About tab, requesting another change of
password. (I had already entered a new password when I started this whole
process, and it correctly recognizes that new password.) Even if I give yet
another new password, the same thing will happen again when I go back into
the Database Analyzer tab and do anything (Compare, Import, etc.). Any
action beyond the Basic Setup tab just throws me back to the About tab.

Obviously I cannot explore Typo3 as I can't get the database set up. Help
would be greatly appreciated, as I'm excited to learn about and use this
tool.

(I'm on FreeBSD, mySQL 4.1.10, Apache2, php 4.4.1)

Thanks

Kenner Stross