[Typo3] fe_rtenews choose RTE buttons

Eric Blom ericb at piap.com
Sat Nov 12 20:12:15 CET 2005

Hello List,
Is it possible to choose the RTE HTML Area buttons that show up in
the FE News Submission page?

I've been trying to use the rtehtmlarea configuration to control
this, but, I haven't been able to affect any changes in the front end
page. It looks like the following should work when inserted in the TS
Config field of the page that I have the fe_rtenews plugin on

RTE.default.showButtons =  bold, italic, underline, textindicator,
copy, cut, paste, undo, redo, about

But, it seems to have no effect.

I'm trying to limit the number of fields and buttons for the news
submission so that it is less confusing for inexperienced users.

Here are some relevant versions numbers:
3.8.0    typo3
0.7.4    rtehtmlarea
1.3.1    fe_rtenews

Cheers,