[Typo3] Submenu - entrylevel=-1 problem

Erik Svendsen erik at linnearad.no
Sat Nov 12 12:33:20 CET 2005

Hello Brian,

> I have 2 menus, one horizontal(menu1) and one vertical(menu2).
>
> Menu2 is set up to show the second level of menu1 by using this
> Typoscript:
>
> temp.menu_2.entryLevel = -1 #Setting the entryLevel to be the subpages
> to Current page.
>
> My problem is when I select one of the menu items in menu2 the menu2
> disappears, which is kinda logical since it is set up to show the
> subpages of the subpage. But there is none. How do I fix this?

If you are going to show only level 2 of pages in the submenu.

temp.menu_2.entryLevel = 1 should be the correct setting and not -1.

As you are stating -1 is showing only the subpages of current page, and if
no subpages no menu.

You still have the opportunity so make submenus of the the submenu with temp.menu_2.1,
temp.menu_2.2 and so on

Here it how i looks in my TS (submenu with 3 levels).

lib.subMenu.entryLevel = 1
lib.subMenu.1 = TMENU #first level submenu - pages on second level

lib.subMenu.2 = TMENU #second level submenu - pages on third level

lib.subMenu.3 = TMENU #third level submenu - pages on fourth level

lib. because I'm using TV. temp. works the same way.
WBR,
Erik Svendsen
www.linnearad.no