[Typo3] RTE Bugs or Problems?

A-san amir219 at sbcglobal.net
Sat Nov 12 10:35:35 CET 2005

Francois Suter wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> I have been seeing very similar threads including mine having the same
>> general problem with the RTE.  Basically, the RTE is not rendering the
>> content right or not the way we would like it to.  My previous post  here
>> was about the typolist... what I see in the front end is simply
>> <typolist> surrounding each item.  There have been other problems
>> regarding the shift+enter (or <br> tags) rendering in paragraph form.
>

> Could you specify which RTE you are using? Is it the "default" one or
> rtehtmlarea?
>
>> How can I solve these problems and any other that arise, effectively?
>> Is there a special section in the backend where I can fix all these
>> problems, and maybe a sort of guide that addresses all of these  problems
>> and configurations?
>

> rtehtmlarea has a very decent documentation. It doesn't solve all
> problems, but it helps a lot. It contains quite a few FAQ too. Also
> there is a newsgroups dedicated to it, where you might find more
> precise answers (lists.netfielders.de.typo3.projects.rte).
>
>> If not, can someone, in this most 'helpful' support mailing list  help me
>> get through these small problems I am having?
>

> I understand that you might feel frustrated but I don't think being
> cynical is going to help you get answers. I haven't always had my
> questions answered either, but you can't expect a perfect service  from
> an open source community. Remember that anyone providing answers  here
> is doing that purely for the sake of helping people. Nobody gets  paid
> for this. Imperfect as it might be it still beats Microsoft  support :-)
>
> Cheers
>

> François Suter
> Directeur technique
> Cobweb Development Sàrl
> www.cobweb.ch

I am using the default one I assume, I haven't installed another one, I
think.

I will try and install rtehtmlarea if I havent already.

About support, I have become more then frustrated these past two months.
  Out of numerous threads I have started, asking for some help on some
problems, I have only gotten a couple replies, from probably only two
people in total.  It gets frustrating, especially with such a system
with a big learning curve.

I also notice that Typo3 wants to extent to a US market.  I have used
other US born CMS' and I am myself a US citizen and I can tell you now
that one of the most important things typo3 can do is to make their
support more effective.  I know its free, but for one, I find this
mailing list system very hard to use.  I had to download a mailing list
program, subscribe, configure everything, download all the headers, and
then post one question which sometimes goes unanswered.  This is not fun
for someone who is used to real forums like phpbb or vbulliten.

Anyways, I am going to stop my rant here because this is not the place
to do it.

Thanks for your help Francois.