[Typo3] Clean Extension for Learning

JoH info at cybercraft.de
Fri Nov 11 17:32:11 CET 2005

>>> I am looking for an extension that I can read for learning how to
>>> write my own.
>>
>> Have you troed to look to tutorials? There is one about creating
>> extensions.
>
> Which one you have in mind?
>
> They are all somewhat very basic. I read everything I was able to
> find. They focus on how to use the Kickstarter and even the Core API
> Doc does only focus on the configuration for the Backend.
>
> None is talking about which Class functions can be usefull for me to
> talk to the DB, how I can easily handle M-M relations, ...
> I am missing a document about best practice for memory efficient T3
> Core conform DB transparent extension programming.
>
> Well, at least the latter is slightly touched by the Coding
> Guidelines.

http://typo3.org/extensions/repository/search/extdeveval/

Install it and have fun with a new menu in the top frame of your backend.
You will find almost any available FE/BE function there including special
functions for DBAL compatible query execution.
Each of them got a detailed description of the parameters and variables used
for input and output.

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian
openBC: http://www.openbc.com/go/invuid/Jo_Hasenau