[Typo3] Display User IP Address

Alexander Heidl aheidl at fulcio.co.uk
Thu Nov 10 08:38:12 CET 2005

Floyd,

For several of my domain names I have got a holding page where I display the
domain the user has requested: http://www.startstep.com for example. This is
done by the little TS:

lib.domainname = TEXT
lib.domainname.data = getenv:HTTP_HOST

Now if you adopt this to something like:

lib.ipaddress = TEXT
lib.ipaddress.data = getenv:REMOTE_ADDR

Then lib.ipaddress will contain the IP address of the user. As this is a TS
object you can place this anywhere for FE rendering. I am using TV for
rendering; hence this objects starts with lib and is placed in within a DIV
tag.

BR,

Alex Heidl
http://www.fulcio.co.uk