[Typo3] Transparent GIF Menu Items

Scotty C superscotty19 at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 10 04:17:48 CET 2005

Hi everyone,

I didn't think this would be a problem, but for some
reason I can't get transparent GIFs to activate the
transparent channel when they're used as menu items in
a HMENU. If you go to www.magellanpublications.com
you'll see what I mean. The topmost button is a static
image I just tossed into the template. The menu items
below it are "supposed" to look just like it (i.e.
they're supposed to have a transparent background) but
they don't. I know that transparentBackground = 1 is
not the solution because that relates to GIFBUILDER,
not existing GIFs. That said, can anybody please help?

Thanks!
-Scott.