[Typo3] Real URL: How do I know if its working?

Michael Baker mbaker at pobox.com
Wed Nov 9 10:35:16 CET 2005

Michael Baker wrote:

>My goal is to have human and spider friendly URLs.  As far as I can tell
>nothing has changed since I installed RealURL. I think the first thing I
>need to check is that .htaccess is working.
>
>Michael.
>
>Daniel Doesburg wrote:
>

>>Michael Baker schreef:
>>

>>>I've followed all the steps on installation in the Real URL Manual.
>>>How do I tell if its working?  I can't see any difference to my website.
>>>

>>Why did you install it? What was your goal?
>>Did you reach that goal?
>>If so, it works. If not, maybe it does not work, maybe it's the wrong
>>extension for your goal.
>>
>>Regards,
>>

>>Daniel

To answer my original question.  All links on the website front end are
replaced with human readable URLs and all pages are accessible by their
human readable URLs.  By default the human readable URLs are
approximately composed of the page titles with all words in lower case
and all spaces and punctuation replaced with _.

So index.php?id=24  titled  "About Us" becomes /about_us/

Michael.

PS I'm not sure what I did wrong originally, but following the manual
more thoroughly than I did the first time fixed the problem.