[Typo3] What is tt_content?

Julian Julian.typo3 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 07:16:56 CET 2005

Hi all,

I am new to typo3 and now reading typoscript by example.
I have question about two of the typoscript example in the document.
------------------------Listing 1--------------------------------
# Default PAGE object:
page = PAGE
page.typeNum = 0

page.bodyTag = <body bgcolor="{$bgcol}">

page.5 = HMENU
page.5.1 = TMENU
page.5.1.wrap = | <br><br>
page.5.1.NO {
linkWrap = &nbsp;<font color="yellow">|</font>&nbsp;
ATagAfterWrap = 1
}

page.10 = CONTENT
page.10 {
table = tt_content # Here table is assigned to be tt_content, and the
document said tt_content is a root-object
select {
pidInList = this
orderby = sorting
}
}

--------------------------Listing 2------------------------------
tt_content = CASE # Here CASE is assigned to be tt_content. To me i
feels link i am writing int = double is C.....
tt_content.key.field = CType # In the TSRef, it only list out "key" is a
property of "CASE". Where is "key.field" come from?

tt_content.header {
1 = TEXT
1.field = header
1.wrap = {$cHeaderWrap}
1.space = 3 | 2
}

tt_content.text < tt_content.header
tt_content.text {
3 = TEXT
3.field = bodytext
3.fontTag = {$cBodyTextWrap}
3.br = 1
3.space = | 10
3.parseFunc {
makelinks = 1
makelinks.http.keep = path
makelinks.http.wrap = <B> | </B>
makelinks.mailtc.keep = path
makelinks.mailto.wrap = <Font color="bllur">|</Font>
makelinks.mailto.ATagBeforeWrap = 1
}
}

As i cannot find tt_content from TSRef, so i could only guess it by the
example. The frist line in the Listing 2 confuse me.
Or tt_content is just a table name in the db and nothing to do with the
word "root-object"?

Also, when i insert the typoscript of listing 2 into the listing 1, all
content gone and i am not able to do any experiment on it.

Where can i fould document on "tt_content.header", "tt_content.text"?
The .header and .text look like a property to tt_content instead of
string array keywords.
Anyone would explain a bit more on the example in the document?

Thanks a lot
Julian