[Typo3] Giving backend users access to template module

Joseph Mesterhazy jmesterh at iastate.edu
Tue Nov 8 21:46:38 CET 2005

Hello,

I need to be able to give my backend users access to the Template
module. I understand that by giving non-admin users access to this
module, they have the potential to modify things they otherwise
couldn't, however this is a trade-off I am willing to live with.

I was able to turn on the template module by editing typo3/ext/
tstemplate/ts/conf.php and changing $MCONF['access']='admin' to $MCONF
['access']='user,group'. The Web>Template module now shows up, and
users can see their templates, but when they try to change them it
fails, and this shows up in sys_log: sys_template: Attempt to modify
table '%s' without permission.

Is there something else I need to change to give backend users edit
permission for the sys_template table?

Thanks,

Joe
--