[Typo3] Some tags (acrynom, cite, abbr, address) get parsed wrong form DB to FE

Erik Svendsen erik at linnearad.no
Tue Nov 8 21:04:07 CET 2005

Hi list.

Maybe someone can ease my frustration (on a rainy day in Norway).

I'm have some problems rendering - or more correct parsing content from DB
to frontend. Tags like acronym, abbr, cite and address are not parsed as
tags, but the < and > are translated to &lt; and &gt;. And the problem is
for content with cType = text, written in through RTE. But all the tags are
correct in RTE and in tt_content.

I'm using HTMLArea 0.7.0 and 0.7.2 (different servers). One server with TYPO3
3.9.0-dev, and two with TYPO3 3.8.0 (both PHP 4.4.0 and 5.0.4). Else have
I tried with both qcom_htmlcleaner installed and not. I'm also using TV.

I have tested with everything from no pageTS to the pageTS below. Always
the same result. It therefore looks like the problem has somthing with the
parsing/rendering the website - either in the Template, or CSS_styled_content.
But even after looking in manuals, searcing on the list and so on - I haven't
any clue how to solve this.

Probably some configuration of the HTMLparser I don't have doen yet. So I
hope someone kan give me some help/hint to solve these problems.

My pageTS looks like this

<--->
mod.web_txtemplavoilaM1.sideBarPosition = left

RTE.classes {
    left {
        name = left
        value = float: left; margin: 5px; margin-left: 0px;
    }
    right {
        name = right
        value = float: right; margin: 5px; margin-right: 0px;
    }
    center {
        name = center
        value = margin: 5px; display: block; text-align: center;
    }
    strikethrough {
        name = striketrough
        value = text-decoration: line-through;
    }
    italic {
        name = italic
        value = font-style: italic;
    }
    normal {
        name = normal
        value = font-weight: normal;
    }
    underline {
        name = underline
        value = text-decoration: underline;
    }
}

RTE.default {
    ## HTML AREA Configuration
#    skin = EXT:rtehtmlarea/htmlarea/skins/default/htmlarea.css
#    contentCSS = fileadmin/templates/css/text-normal.css
    enableWordClean = 1
    removeComments = 1
    removeTags = sdfield
    removeTagsAndContents = style,script
    useCSS = 1
    defaultLinkTarget =
    showStatusBar = 1
    showButtons = formatblock,class,copy,cut,paste,undo,redo,textstylelabel,textstyle,image,link,insertcharacter,chMode,removeformat,findreplace,showhelp,about,textcolor,bold,italic,underline,left,center,right,orderedlist,unorderedlist,outdent,indent,table,bgcolor,emoticon,line,acronym,user
    hideButtons = textindicator,fontstyle,fontsize,
    hideTableOperationsInToolbar = 1
    keepButtonGroupTogether = 0
    disableContextMenu = 0
    disableSelectColor = 1
    disableTYPO3Browsers = 0
    disableEnterParagraphs = 0
    removeTrailingBR = 1
    hidePStyleItems = H1, H3, H4, H5, H6, PRE, ADDRESS
    hideFontSizes = *
    hideTags = font, font (full)
    disableColorPicker = 1
    classesCharacter = normal,italic,underline,strikethrough
    classesParagraph =
    classesImage = right,left,center
    classesAnchor =
    showTagFreeClasses = 0

    ## Default proc rules
    proc {

        ## TRANSFORMATION METHOD
        overruleMode = ts_css

        ## LINES CONVERSION
        dontConvBRtoParagraph = 0

        ## BRING FONT TAGS INSIDE PARAGRAPHS
        internalizeFontTags = 1

        ## TAGS ALLOWED OUTSIDE P & DIV
        allowTagsOutside = img

        ## TAGS ALLOWED
        allowTags = p,br,a,link,li,ul,ol,span,img,h2,h3,h4,h5,h6,sub,sup,acronym,abbr,strike,cite,pre,blockquote,address,dl,dd,dt

        ## TAGS DENIED
        denyTags = font

        ## ALLOWED P & DIV ATTRIBUTES
        keepPDIVattribs = class
        //preserveTags = p,div

        ## ALLOWED CLASSES
        allowedClasses = normal,kursiv,unterstrichen,durchgestrichen,rechts,links,zentriert

        # Forces DIV sections to P
        //remapParagraphTag = p

        ## CONTENT TO DATABASE
        entryHTMLparser_db = 1
        entryHTMLparser_db {

            ## TAGS ALLOWED
            allowTags < RTE.default.proc.allowTags
            allowTagsOutside < RTE.default.proc.allowTagsOutside
            allowTagsInTypolists = br,a,link,span,img
            denyTags < RTE.default.proc.denyTags

            ## XHTML COMPLIANCE
            xhtml_cleaning = 1

            ## AVOID TO HSC TWICE
            htmlSpecialChars = -1

            ## CLEAN TAGS
            tags.hr.allowedAttribs = class
            tags.span.allowedAttribs = class
            tags.p.allowedAttribs = class
            noAttrib = b,i,u,strike,sub,sup,strong,em,quote,blockquote,cite,tt,br,center,p,h2

            ## REMAP B AND I TAGS
            //tags.b.remap = strong
            //tags.i.remap = em

            ## REMOVE OPEN OFFICE META TAGS
            removeTags = sdfield

            ## PROTECT CUSTOM TAGS
            keepNonMatchedTags = protect
        }
    }
}

## front end RTE configuration
RTE.default.FE < RTE.default
RTE.default.FE.showStatusBar = 0
RTE.default.FE.hideButtons = chMode

## tt_content RTE configuration
RTE.config.tt_content.bodytext < RTE.default
//RTE.config.tt_content.bodytext.showButtons = *

## tt_content TCEFORM configuration
TCEFORM.tt_content.bodytext.RTEfullScreenWidth= 100%
<---->
Have also tried extending with following code

<---->
HTMLparser_rte.allowTags=table, tbody, tr, th, td, h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6,
div, p, br, span, ul, ol, li, pre, blockquote, strong, em, b, i, u, sub,
sup, strike, a, link, img, nobr, hr, center, font, tt, q, cite, abbr, acronym,
address, sdfield

HTMLparser_db.allowTags=table, tbody, tr, th, td, h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6,
div, p, br, span, ul, ol, li, pre, blockquote, strong, em, b, i, u, sub,
sup, strike, a, link, img, nobr, hr, center, font, tt, q, cite, abbr, acronym,
address, sdfield
<---->

WBR,
Erik Svendsen