[Typo3] I think I'm in over my head

Jamie Evans jamie at pueomedia.com
Tue Nov 8 06:50:13 CET 2005

Hello,

I started working on a CMS project for a real estate investment
company.  They want a website where clients can login and view
properties their invested or interested in.  They also want their
employees to be able to login and manage those properties.  I decided
to go with typo because of the permissions issue...It seems to me
that typo is the only opensource framework (although I could be
wrong) that allows client a and client b to view the same property
while client c views another property.  I thought this would be
straight forward, but the more I research, the larger this project is
becoming.  There is a potential of a couple hundred managers and just
as many clients.  Also I guess there are hundreds of properties in
the database.  Does anyone know roughly how long it would take one
person to develop a site like this?  Please feel free to throw out
some numbers as to how much this would cost to hire a company to do
this.  I've never done a project on this scale and I have no idea
what it takes to accomplish this.  I know this isn't a typical
question for the list, but I'm really stuck here and any advice would
be greatly appreciated.  If anyone wants to take this conversation
off the list my email is jamie at pueomedia.com.  Thank you very much in
advance for the help!

Sincerely,

.:.  jamie