[Typo3] cannot use BE at fresh installed typo3 quickstart

Lars Houmark lars at houmark.com
Sun Nov 6 23:03:03 CET 2005

> There are 2 "compare" in the menu. i've tried both, both nothing seems
> to be altered. the line of text that apperes after clicking the
> compare button is "Table and field definitions should be updated",
> followed by hundreds of lines with parameters that need to be
> updated. and when i click the update button at the buttom of the
>  page, the page just reloads (it doesn't seem be have altered
> anything).
> wich of the compare buttons should i use..?

I am pretty sure that your problem is your MySQL and PHP versions, but to
update your database, you need to check ALL the boxes in the beginning of
each line. Otherwise you haven't confirmed to the tool that you wan't those
changes.

Again, I did not pay attention to your versions in the first place, and you
should probably find a host which does TYPO3 hosting, if you cannot modify
your server to fit the needs of TYPO3.

Regards,

Lars